A Spiritual Treasure That Many People Don’t Know About
Have you ever heard of “A Course in Miracles”? Do you know what it is? Would you like to know more about it? I’m Jim White and I’m totally excited to have this opportunity to tell you about the “Course” and how it can absolutely change your life!
First published in 1976, A Course in Miracles (ACIM) is a spiritual self-study book. While it’s considered to be one of the most monumental writings since the Bible, many people still remain unaware of this spiritual masterpiece, and the miraculous impact it can have in helping them to achieve more love, peace, joy and happiness in their lives. I started reading ACIM about eight years ago, and I’ve been an ardent student ever since.
ACIM has shown me a totally different way of living life that really seems to work. And, the way it teaches and talks about God has allowed me to more powerfully experience God’s presence, guidance and undeniable reality.
ACIM describes a “mind-boggling”, yet powerfully simple and rational “thought system” that always makes sense. It presents a drastically different, yet highly valid and verifiable way of looking at the world that’s taught me to live life with more peace, purpose, prosperity and consistency. Moreover, ACIM has helped me to better understand the perplexing “dance of happiness and tragedy”, so historically prevalent in our world and that seems to affect today’s society with ever-increasing intensity.
So, I hope you can sense my enthusiasm and passion in having this opportunity to introduce you to, or enhance your knowledge of this amazingly wonderful book. Here’s some general information:
- ACIM was authored by the spirit of Jesus Christ and scribed by Helen Schucman, a clinical psychologist at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center. (Helen said that Jesus dictated ACIM to her through a process called “inner dictation”. Jesus’ inner dictations to Helen went on for seven years.)
- ACIM is Christian in its orientation, but rises completely above any discussion of specific religions. (No religion is discussed in the entire book. In fact, no specific place on earth is ever mentioned!)
- The publisher of ACIM is the Foundation for Inner Peace. Over one and one-half million copies are currently in print, including 18 language translations.
- ACIM consists of three volumes, or “Books”, that collectively cover 1,249 pages. A unique feature of ACIM is the “Student Workbook” which contains 365 daily lessons. (To actually “do the Course” is a one year commitment.)
- For many ACIM offers a practical, non-religious, non-political way to experience God’s reality; and His “peace that passes all understanding”.
ACIM is a book about love, peace, joy, happiness and truth.
Yet many of its teachings may shock, astound and even anger you (at least at first). Many of the things it says you may not, at first, believe. But to paraphrase the Course: “Belief is not a requirement. Simply do the Course and the Course itself will show you that it’s true, it works, and it will absolutely change your life (for the better).”
ACIM is not a cult. It’s not a religion. It doesn’t represent any specific religious denomination and it’s not supported by any ministerial hierarchy. It’s simply a (wonderful) BOOK!
I hope you’ll take a serious look at ACIM; it’s already changing our world!
- The Buddha and Love Did the Buddha love? If he was beyond passion, was he also...
- How To Meditate: Introduction To Meditation The following is a 6 Week Course, entirely contained in the following...